GASIP has achieved positive and impressive results. For 2020 and beyond, GASIP will diversify its current value chains to attract more youth and women to agriculture, and develop their skills, assist them in engaging in value chain enterprises and sustaining the increased productivity, value addition and profitability.
We will expand and consolidate the achievements of 2019:
- 53 Value Chain Drivers partnered
- 1,200 Farmer Based Organizations engaged
- Close to 50,000 smallholder farmers benefited from inputs, capacity building, road infrastructure etc.
- Good collaboration with government and private sector for capacity building: MoFA at the district level and regional, GMET, NESTLE, GIZ etc.
- 1,300 benefitted from climate resilient practices, need to be mainstreamed in all clusters
- Over 15,000 Youth and women on-boarded
- 60% fund disbursement in 6 months
- Youth and women requesting support for the poultry value chain
- Over 20,000 direct jobs to be created by inclusion of the poultry value chain